Skip to main content

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FLOWER

The park bench was deserted as I sat down to read
Beneath the long, straggly branches of an old willow tree.
Disillusioned by life with good reason to frown,
For the world was intent on dragging me down.
And if that weren't enough to ruin my day,
A young boy out of breath approached me, all tired from play
He stood right before me with his head tilted down
And said with great excitement, "Look what I found!"
In his hand was a flower, and what a pitiful sight,
With its petals all worn - not enough rain, or too little light.


Wanting him to take his dead flower and go off to play,
I faked a small smile and then shifted away.
But instead of retreating he sat next to my side
And placed the flower to his nose
And declared with overacted surprise,

It sure smells pretty and it's beautiful, too.
That's why I picked it; here, it's for you."
The weed before me was dying or dead.
Not vibrant of colors: orange, yellow or red.
But I knew I must take it, or he might never leave.
So I reached for the flower, and replied, "Just what I need."
but instead of him placing the flower in my hand,
He held it mid-air without reason or plan.
It was then that I noticed for the very first time
That weed-toting boy could not see: he was blind.
I heard my voice quiver; tears shone in the sun
As I thanked him for picking the very best one.
You're welcome," he smiled, and then ran off to play,
Unaware of the impact he'd had on my day.
I sat there and wondered how he managed to see
A self-pitying man beneath an old willow tree.
How did he know of my self- indulged plight?

 

flower
Perhaps from his heart, he'd been blessed with true sight.
Through the eyes of a blind child, at last I could see
The problem was not with the world; the problem was me.
And for all of those times I myself had been blind,
I vowed to see the beauty in life, And appreciate every second that's mine.

 

flower
And then I held that wilted flower up to my nose
And breathed in the fragrance of a beautiful rose
And smiled as I watched that young boy, Another weed in his hand,
About to change the life of an unsuspecting old man.
- Author Cheryl Costello Forshey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Make Windows Boot Faster Than Ever Before

  How To Make Windows Boot Faster Than Ever Before By Aaron Couch   One… two… three… how many minutes does it take your computer to start up? Hopefully not more than three, but it wouldn’t surprise me if you said it surpassed that time. The thing is, our computers have a lot to do when starting up and I think it’s something we often forget about and take for granted. That said, how can we blame our computers when we’re bogging it down with a bunch of junk? It may not even be junk – it may just be great programs, but just starting up when they don’t need to. Let’s take a look at some useful programs you can use and some things you can do to minimize your start time and get on with your tasks. Things You Can Do MSConfig: Prevent Programs And Services From Starting Up Delay Services At Startup Device Manager: Disable Unused Drivers MSConfig: Prevent Programs & Services From Starting Up One of the first things you can do is take a look at what is starting up. There are several

A controversial picture....Do you believe in Ghost ?

The Miracles of Cut and Paste I was just sent this digital image with the following email which advises the recipient to send the email on to 13 people in their address book with the promise that they could become very rich if they follow this instruction, but the warning that they could suffer extreme misfortune if they don't (on the original email, the image is at the bottom of the page just to add that extra bit of tension as the unsuspecting reader scrolls down). The email reads thus: "READ BEFORE LOOKING AT THE PHOTO... The young man in this photo visited a historic site in Georgia called Fort Mountain with his friends and he asked them to take his photo while hiking. While his friend took the photo, he screamed and fainted. Then 2 days later he died in the hospital. The doctors said he died from a heart attack. When the photos where developed, in the last photo there was a woman standing next to the young man, even though his friends said there was no one with him when